2015 © Copyright UFTEC. All Rights Reserved.
- To demonstrate at prototype scale that direct UF can be an efficient alternative to conventional pre-treatment (coagulation-flocculation, sedimentation and sand filtration) for RO in drinking water treatment plants (Sant Joan Despí as model plant)
- To assess the efficiency of 3 UF prototypes with different configurations and membrane materials for their application as raw river water pre-treatment for RO
- To evaluate reagents and energy consumption as well as water losses of the conventional and UF pre-treatment
- To perform Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) and Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA) for the environmental and economic comparison of UF and conventional pre-treatment
- To disseminate results obtained and transfer the knowledge gathered to other drinking water treatment plants in Europe, which could be coordinated through the WSSTP