LIFE is the EU’s financial instrument supporting environmental and nature conservation projects throughout the EU, as well as in some candidate, acceding and neighbouring countries. Since 1992, LIFE has co-financed some 3115 projects, contributing approximately €2 billion to the protection of the environment.
It comprises three components:
• LIFE+ Nature & Biodiversity
• LIFE+ Environment Policy & Governance
• LIFE+ Information & Communication
LIFE+ Environment Policy and Governance supports technological projects that offer significant environmental benefits, for example process or efficiency improvements. Projects selected are those improving the implementation of EU environmental legislation, building the environmental policy knowledge base and developing environmental information sources through monitoring (including forest monitoring). Projects can be co-financed up to a level of 50 percent.
Other LIFE+ projects:
• WATER CHANGE: http://www.life-waterchange.eu/
• BIOCELL: http://www.life-biocell.eu/
• ENSAT: http://www.life-ensat.eu/
• GREENLYSIS: http://www.life-greenlysis.eu/
• AQUATIK: http://www.life-aquatik.eu/
• AQUAENVEC: http://www.life-aquaenvec.eu/